Some lights are not working. What can I do?
All of our products are subject to 100 per cent inspection and testing for defects prior to shipping.
However it is possible you may find some balloon lights that do not turn on at first.
Most problems are usually related to dead or improperly inserted batteries or poor electrical contact as a result of bouncing around during shipping or storage.
Follow these simple steps:
- Take the unit apart by unscrewing and removing the base cap.
(Be careful of any small parts that may fall out)
- Remove the batteries.
(Notice the flat part with the writing should face the base cap)
- Check to see if anything is obviously broken or cracked or if there might not be a good electrical connection.
If your batteries are wrapped in tape, try removing it.
Check to make sure your batteries are good by trying them in a different light or replace the batteries with some from a working one.
- Reassemble the unit and screw on the base cap until the LED lights up.
If you are still having problems:
- If the batteries are not making contact somewhere a little playing around with battery placement may be required.
Try rearranging them or twisting them.
- If the LED is tilted the battery contact may not be complete. Level the LED or increase the contact area. (insert a small metal washer before the batteries).
If all else fails:
In the rare event you do get a defective unit that still does not work after trying everything above, contact us for instructions on getting a replacement or for further ideas.
As with any product, if you absolutely need a certain number of lights, buy a few extras just in case a backup is needed.
It's a cheap insurance policy and you can always use the extras somewhere!
760 Roselawn Drive
Windsor, ON N9E 1K6